Georgia Association of Middle School Principals
Lori Joiner Kevin Benson
The Georgia Association of Middle School Principals (GAMSP) is the organization of and state voice for middle grades school principals, assistant principals, and aspiring school leaders in Georgia. GAMSP is one of seven educational leadership organizations affiliated with the Georgia Association of Educational Leaders (GAEL).
GAMSP is the state's middle level affiliate for the National Association of Elementary School Principals. Membership in GAMSP is open to all individuals engaged in the administration of schools in Georgia with grades 5 - 8, or any combination of those grades.
The purpose of the association is to promote the cause of middle grades education in Georgia's public schools; to advance the interests of the members of the profession; and to develop among administrators the highest level of professional practices. To this end, the association provides information and support for members so they may better meet the unique educational needs of middle grades students.
President - Lori Joiner
Past President - Jesse Davis
President Elect - Melanie Sigler
Sec/Treasurer- Connie Stovall
The mission of GAMSP is to improve middle grades education in Georgia by providing members high quality leadership development, a resource network, and advocacy.
- Provide professional development opportunities to equip members with the knowledge and skills needed to provide leadership for 21st century schools
- Provide advocacy in matters affecting middle grades education
- Promote high professional standards
- Provide a professional network for members
- Recognize and honor exemplary school leaders in Georgia