Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors
The mission of the Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors (GACIS) is to advocate for excellence in public education by providing visionary leadership and professional learning that ensures a rigorous, performance-based curriculum and high quality instruction for all students.
We believe we must:
- Communicate expectations for learning through a standards-based curriculum.
- Assess student learning through a balance of formative and summative measures tied to standards.
- Support all students to meet or exceed their potential.
- Protect time for instruction that will impact the quality and quantity of student learning.
- Supervise instruction and monitor results.
- Foster a continuous improvement model using multiple measures of data and research-based strategies.
- Provide on-going, job-embedded professional learning.
- Secure instructional resources and technology for 21st century classrooms.
- Ensure that a quality teacher serves students in every classroom.
- Grant local school districts the flexibility to make decisions about the educational improvements for which they are held accountable.