Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors
The Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors (GACIS) was organized in April, 1971, as a professional organization for persons working in the field of curriculum development and instructional supervision. GACIS promotes cooperative relations with and maintains direct contact with the, Georgia Department of Education, Georgia General Assembly, teacher education institutions of the state and other educational organizations and agencies that impact public education. GACIS is one of the six affiliate organizations of the Georgia Association of Educational Leaders (GAEL). Membership in GACIS is open to educators who hold supervisory, coordinating, instructional support, or consulting positions directly related to the improvement of instruction and curriculum development, or are instructors of curriculum and supervision in public and non-public schools, colleges, universities, Regional Educational Service Agencies (RESA), or the State Department of Education.
The Goals of GACIS are to:
- Promote and support curriculum development, instructional improvement, and supportive supervision.
- Represent the unique interests and concerns of instructional supervisors and curriculum leaders.
- Promote professional growth of individuals engaged in positions as instructional supervisors and curriculum leaders.
- Provide leadership in the development of emerging roles of instructional supervisors and curriculum leaders.
- Build effective relationships with the various “in school” and “out of school” publics.
- Provide an informational network for the purpose of collecting and disseminating information.
- Cooperate with and support the Georgia Association of Educational Leaders (GAEL) to provide maximum services for members.
Major mediums for implementing the goals
- Statewide conferences in the fall, winter, and spring
- Periodic Newsletters
- Legislative Updates posted on the Website throughout the legislative session
- Representation at and reports from the State Board of Education and other meetings and activities of interest
- Programs and activities conducted by each of the 16 GACIS districts.