The Georgia Association of Educational Leaders (GAEL) is the organization that provides unity of school leadership groups in Georgia. It is a statewide "umbrella" organization, composed of six professional affiliate associations for school leaders. The six departments of GAEL are:
- Georgia Association of Elementary School Principals (GAESP)
- Georgia Association of Middle School Principals (GAMSP)
- Georgia Association of Secondary School Principals (GASSP)
- Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors (GACIS)
- Georgia School Superintendents Association (GSSA)
- Georgia Council of Administrators of Special Education (G-CASE)
- Georgia Association of School Personnel Administrators (GASPA)
Membership also includes other school leaders, such as assistant and associate superintendents, assistant principals, college and university administrators, state Department of Education administrators, and other school leadership personnel. Membership is continuous for one year, beginning on July 1 and ending June 30.
The Association is headquartered at 850 College Station Road, Room 122 River's Crossing Building, Athens, Georgia 30602. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The mission of GAEL is to improve public education in Georgia through high quality leadership development, advocacy and a resource network for educational leaders.
The vision of GAEL is to be the premier network for educational leaders in Georgia.
- In the continuous improvement of public education
- Effective leaders make a difference
- All students can be successful
- Quality professional learning positively impacts leadership
- Improving public education is a collaborative process
- In the strength of a unified voice for public education